- Choose a character from your favorite children's book and decorate a pumpkin inspired by that character. All characters are welcome!
- Complete the entry form at the bottom of this email and bring it, along with your pumpkin, to the bookshop between 10 a.m. on Friday, October 30th and noon on Saturday, October 31st. Submitted pumpkins will remain on display in our children's window throughout the weekend of October 31st-November 1st. During that time, visitors to the bookshop will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite pumpkin. The winner will be announced in the first week of November.
- No pumpkins larger than 1' x 1' x 1' please!
- Carved pumpkins are welcome, but please remember that entries will be displayed in our shop window, and that painted/decorated pumpkins will stay fresh considerably longer.
- Choose a firm pumpkin with no blemishes, and make sure the stem is firmly attached. Store your pumpkin in a cool, dry place, protected from frost.
- Wash your pumpkin under running water before decorating.
- If painting your pumpkin, acrylic paints work best.